A Chiropractor Can Ease Your Shoulder Pain! We Tailor Your Treatment to Your Condition in Brentwood, West LA
Different types of shoulder pain require different approaches, and at BAC to Health Chiropractic Lifestyle in Brentwood, West LA, we have a chiropractor who would love to restore you to full health.
Definition of a Shoulder
This large, complex joint consists of the humerus (upper arm bone), scapula (shoulder blade), and clavicle (collar bone). The ball at the end of the humerus moves in the shallow socket of the scapula while stabilized by rotator cuff muscles and tendons. Unfortunately, its great flexibility makes it prone to injury.
Location Identifies Shoulder Pain
- Rotator Cuff Problems: Tendinitis—inflammation of tendons that hold the shoulder muscles to the upper arm bone. Bursitis—inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursa) that cushion the joint. Rotator cuff tear—torn rotator cuff tendons.
- Frozen Shoulder (adhesive capsulitis): Stiffness and limited movement.
- Calcific Tendinitis: Usually calcium crystals that have settled into the rotator cuff tendons.
- Bicep Tendonitis: Pain in front of the shoulder that has moved down the biceps muscle.
- Bicep Tendon Rupture: A tendon break near the joint is followed by pain, bruising, swelling, and a lump just above the pit of your elbow.
- SLAP Tears (superior labrum anterior posterior tear): A fall on an outstretched hand, throwing, or working overhead can cause your shoulder to catch, pop, and ache.
- Shoulder Osteoarthritis: Wear and tear has aggravated an old injury of arm, neck, or shoulder.Shoulder top
- Acromioclavicular joint (AC) arthritis: Worn cartilage and bone spurs.
- AC Separation: A fall on your shoulder has injured ligaments around the AC joint.
- Distal Clavicle Osteolysis: End-of-collarbone (clavicle) pain. Often experienced by weightlifters.
All Over the Shoulder
- Shoulder Instability: A loose joint from dislocation or overuse.
- Shoulder Dislocation: Ball of upper arm bone has disconnected from its socket and damaged the ligaments holding it in place.
Deep Tissue Laser Therapy Has Been Proven to Help Shoulder Pain
- Lasting relief with no side effects: Two to fifteen treatments is usually enough.
- Heals acute and chronic conditions: The sooner an injury is treated, the faster the healing.
- Customization: Laser intensity can be adjusted to the condition.
- Feels good: Ranges from little or no sensation to soothing warmth.
- Fast: Five to ten minutes under a laser can bring lasting relief.
Deep tissue laser therapy is one of many methods we study to give our patients the latest treatment. Our mission at BAC to Health Chiropractic Lifestyle in Brentwood, West LA is to help as many people as possible without the use of drugs or surgery, in order to restore and maintain optimal health and well-being. Call (310) 888-8762 and make an appointment.